If you are interested in knowing how to setup Netgear WiFi Extender, then you are at the right place because today, we are going to learn the process of extender setup so that you can implement DIY when you are meant to set up your extender.
The extender we are going to take for this process is N300, so if you are using this particular extender, then the below-mentioned steps can help you.
- Netgear N300 is just like any other Netgear Extender, so you don’t have to worry about the steps when it comes to how to setup Netgear WiFi Extender N300.
- You just need to make sure that the extender is connected to the router properly. This can be done in a couple of ways. First, you can connect both devices using an Ethernet cable. But, for this method, you need to make sure that both devices are placed very close to each other. Alternatively, you can connect both devices using the WPS button as well, but make sure to press the button on both devices at once.
- Now that the devices are connected, you shall proceed with connecting the extender to the computer, which can be done with the help of an Ethernet cable. Or, you can wirelessly connect the extender to the computer.
- Upon a successful connection, you need to launch a web browser on your computer and enter my wifi ext net or mywifiext local depending upon which operating system you are using. For Windows, open the former webpage and for Mac, you need to enter the latter web address.
- As the webpage opens, you need to enter your default username and password, details of which must be provided to you. If you can’t find those details, then you can get in touch with experts.
- The web interface of your Netgear Extender will help you set up the extender in the right way, so make sure you do it correctly.
In case, you encounter any issue while setting up the extender, then you can take the help of experts.